Alcohol Licensing

Ensuring that your business obtains the correct license is an important commercial consideration. Whether you are new to licensing or an experienced licensee, you will benefit from our comprehensive service. We advise on all aspects of liquor and entertainment licensing in premises including public houses, hotels, restaurants and nightclubs.

Our highly experienced lawyers are dedicated to giving you reliable and professional advice.

Under the Licensing Act 2003, businesses that carry out the following activities are required to apply for a license from the local authorities in advance (called “licensed activities”):

  • The sale and supply of alcohol by retail
  • Provision of late-night refreshments (between 11pm-5am)
  • Provision of live and/or recorded music

The work we undertake comprises the following:

  • Applications for new licenses for all types of premises (Premise License) including bars, nightclubs, hotels and restaurants in both the branded and unbranded sectors.
  • Application for transfer of Premises License from Sellers to Buyers of Licensed Businesses.
  • Application for Personal License, with which individuals can deal with or supervise sale of alcohol by retail).
  • Application for nomination or change of Designated Premises Supervisors (DPS) who supervise sale and supply of alcohol.

In collaboration with our commercial property department, we also offer qualified advice to developers, investors and property owners on any licensing implications of their business investments, lending and development.

What do I do next?

Contact us online or speak to one of our dedicated specialists on 0207 998 7777 for a free initial consultation. With our vast experience in the field, our bilingual speaking team will work with you to ensure this process runs as smooth as possible. All information you provide us with is treated with the utmost confidentiality.

We will contact you no later than the next working day to arrange a meeting at our offices in London W1 to advise on the agreement.

Back to Licensing

Other Legal Services