• en
  • ru
  • zh-hans
  • it

Disciplinary Hearing

Disciplinary Hearings can be very stressful and daunting. They are conducted by the company to discuss a complaint made against the employee. The procedure is very straightforward and can lead to serious consequences regarding your future employment within the company.

You will firstly receive a letter informing you of the reason for the meeting followed by the meeting itself. This will give you the opportunity to go through the event with the employer and discuss your side of the story.

Although you can receive Disciplinary Hearing Advice, you cannot bring a solicitor to your hearing. You are only permitted to bring a colleague, a Trade Union Representative, or a Trade Union Official. If you choose to do so, you will need to inform your employer. If none of those options are available, you can bring a family member or a Citizen’s Advice Bureau Representative without having to ask your employer.

The hearing may result in any of (but not limited to) the following decisions:

  • No action;
  • Written warning;
  • Mediation;
  • Final warning;
  • Demotion; or
  • Dismissal.

It is important to be aware that no disciplinary action should take place before the meeting. This is because you have not offered your response to the claims made against you. After you receive a decision, there is an opportunity to appeal.

At Bloomsbury Law, we understand this can be a difficult and stressful time. We have years of experience in the field and are happy to offer you expert advice on your situation.

What do I do next?

Contact us online or speak to one of our top employment solicitors on 0207 998 7777 for a free initial consultation. With our vast experience in the field, our employment law team will work with you to ensure this process runs as smooth as possible. All information you provide us with is treated with the utmost confidentiality.

We will contact you no later than the next working day to arrange a meeting at our offices in London W1 to advise on the agreement.

Back to Employment

Other Legal Services