We can advise employers about employment law and find ways to solve legal issues that arise when employing staff, including:
- Redundancy procedures
- Capability issues with under-performers
- Handling disciplinary procedures and conduct dismissals
- Sickness and fitness to work
- Assessing the effects of disability and need to make reasonable adjustments
- Negotiated retirements or voluntary redundancies
- Settlement/severance agreements
- Changes in terms and conditions
- TUPE issues
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure issues
- Garden leave and non-competition disputes
- Enforcement and injunctions
We can help employers by investigating allegations by or against staff and chairing disciplinary or grievance meetings, or just advising the board of directors or proprietors on their potential liabilities.
We are experts in providing pragmatic solutions for employers to avoid the risk of Employment Tribunal claims minimise liabilities and resolve problems in the most efficient and cost-effective way we can.
By our expert management of situations we can prevent them causing a Tribunal claim.
If you are taken to an Employment Tribunal by one of your employees then it is essential that you seek advice as soon as possible and do not miss the deadline for a response. We are able to advise you on prospects of success and file the ET3 on your behalf for a fixed fee.
Employment contracts, contractor’s agreements and director’s service agreements
We can write employment contracts, contractor’s agreements or director’s service agreements after taking your instructions.
Employment Law Compliance and Legal Support – retained service for employers
Our retained service package for employers enables business owners and managers to know they are complying with employment law and have all the right documents, such as contracts of employment, and that they have access to a named employment law solicitor for advice and support with employee and workplace problems. For a fixed annual fee, we will:
- Review existing employment contracts, policies and procedures and either redraft and update them, or draft a completely new set to your instructions, if necessary. After that, the documents will be updated as required by a solicitor.
- Provide access to a named solicitor for legal advice and support with employee problems, such as disciplinary action or performance review, settling a grievance, or tackling excess absence from work or poor timekeeping, or any other similar workplace issues, by telephone and email, or a visit to your premises if required.
- Write letters to your employees for you in connection with disciplinary or grievance or performance review procedures, or other issues.
We can also arrange a policy of insurance to protect you from the legal costs and awards of compensation of certain Employment Tribunal claims.
To find out more about our retained service for employers please contact Steven Eckett, Head of Employment Law, on 0207 998 7777 or send him and e-mail to email@example.com.
Employment Law Training
Our experience shows that by training your managers or senior staff in basic employment law and how to avoid problems in the way you manage staff not only do you make your business run more effectively but you also avoid the issues that cause other employers have claims against them in the Employment Tribunals.
To find out more about our training courses for employers please contact Steven Eckett, Head of Employment Law, on 0207 998 7777 or send him and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I do next?
Contact us online or speak to one of our dedicated specialists on 0207 998 7777. All information you provide is treated with utmost confidentiality.
We will contact you no later than the next working day to arrange a meeting at our offices in London W1 to advise on the agreement.