• en
  • ru
  • zh-hans
  • it

Employment Tribunal Claim

Employees can make an Employment Tribunal Claim if they feel they have been treated unlawfully. Tribunal Claims can include unfair dismissal, discrimination, or wrongful dismissal. The Tribunal is an independent body which will listen to your and the respondent before coming to a decision.

Making a claim should be seen as a last resort. It is good to firstly use the grievance procedure before making a claim as this could clear up any potential miscommunications between you and your employer. Furthermore, this shows the Tribunal that you have made efforts to resolve the dispute before making an official claim to the tribunal. It is required that you notify the Conciliation and Arbitration Service of your intention to make a claim to the Tribunal. They will offer you a free Early Conciliation Service. If this does not lead to a resolution, you will receive a certificate saying that you attempted the process. It is best to take this to the Tribunal to show them that you have exhausted all other options before making a claim to the Tribunal.

After you make a claim, your employer has 28 days to respond. Once they respond the Tribunal will fix a date for the hearing. If your employer does not respond, then the Tribunal may be able to decide the matter without holding a hearing.

It is important to seek legal advice to prepare for your Employment Tribunal Claim. At Bloomsbury Law, we have years of experience in this area and are confident in assisting and advising with Claims. If you are looking for advice, contact our employment law team and we will advise you accordingly.

What do I do next?

Contact us online or speak to one of our dedicated employment specialists on 0207 998 7777 for a free initial consultation. With our vast experience in the field, our team will work with you to ensure this process runs as smooth as possible. All information you provide us with is treated with the utmost confidentiality.

We will contact you no later than the next working day to arrange a meeting at our offices in London W1 to advise on the agreement.

Back to Employment

Other Legal Services