The very nature of Redundancy can be disheartening. Many people are taken by surprise and find themselves in positions which would have never crossed their minds. This is why it is crucial to know your rights through the relevant Redundancy Law in the UK in order to best advance your position. At Bloomsbury Law, we will work with you to discover whether you were made redundant in a legal way. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Making sure there was a proper selection process;
- Make sure your redundancy pay was correctly calculated; and
- Making sure you were given ample notice period.
Redundancy Law takes many variables into account and is not a one size fit all process. Statutory Redundancy Pay is only for individuals who have been working for their employer for a minimum of 2 years. Your age and weekly play is also taken into consideration for calculation. By statute, you are entitled to:
- Half a week’s pay for each full year of employment when you were under 22 years of age;
- A full week’s pay for each full year of employment when you were between 22 and 40 years of age; and
- A week and a half’s pay for each full year of employment when you were 41 years of age or older.
We understand that this may be complicated, but we can assure you that we will take you step by step through the process to provide you with the best possible outcome.
What do I do next?
Contact us online or speak to one of our top employment solicitors on 0207 998 7777 for a free initial consultation. With our vast experience in the field, our employment law team will work with you to ensure this process runs as smooth as possible. All information you provide us with is treated with the utmost confidentiality.
We will contact you no later than the next working day to arrange a meeting at our offices in London W1 to advise on the agreement.