• en
  • ru
  • zh-hans
  • it

Change of Name Deed

A change of name deed poll is used to provide an official document which states you have changed your name. After marriage, you can begin using your partners surname without officially having it changed. However, having a deed poll will allow you to change official documents such as your driver’s license and passport.

A changing name deed poll process takes approximately two weeks and is legally binding in the United Kingdom. There are many reasons people change their name and it is important to know when a deed poll is required. For legal advice on changing your name and whether you require a deed poll, please contact our family law solicitors who will be happy to assist you.

What do I do next?

Contact us online or speak to one of our dedicated top family law solicitors on 0207 998 7777 for a free initial consultation. With our vast experience in the field, our team will work with you to ensure this process runs as smooth as possible. All information you provide us with is treated with the utmost confidentiality.

We can provide you with clear, focused advice combined with a sympathetic understanding. In order to minimise the emotional and financial impact we will always act in your best interest and try to take a conciliatory approach. We will however, take a firm stance where this is necessary in order to obtain the best possible outcome for you.

We will contact you no later than the next working day to arrange a meeting at our offices in London W1 to advise on the agreement.

Other Family Law Services

Other Legal Services