Custody Of Children

We are experienced in all matters concerning children. If parents of a child cannot reach an agreement, it may be necessary to make an application to the Court for an order resolving the issue in dispute including parental responsibility, residence and contact orders as well as financial provision for children.

Where the parents are married, both of them automatically have Parental Responsibility. In cases where the parents are not married, the father of a child born before 1 December 2003, or a child born on or after that date, who did not attend with the mother to register the birth, will not have Parental Responsibility for the child automatically. We can assist you in preparing a Parental Responsibility Agreement or making an application to the Court for a Parental Responsibility Order.

We can also assist you in disputes regarding which parent the child should live with, and/or the arrangements for the child’s contact with the other parent.

What do I do next?

Contact us online or speak to one of our dedicated specialists on 0207 998 7777. All information you provide is treated with utmost confidentiality.

We will contact you no later than the next working day.

Back to Family Law