The UK government has welcomed genuine entrepreneurs and investors to the UK. Bloomsbury Law strives to simplify the process and procedure for our clients by dealing fully with the documents required such as business plans as well as preparing our clients for interviews in the best way possible. Our advice to any client intending to apply for the above visa is to treat the application with care and seriously from the beginning in order to avoid first time refusals and the subsequent delay in starting their business in the UK.
A Tier 1 application is the only category of visas which do not require a sponsor who is either an employer or an approved educational provider. This category contains four subcategories: General (now closed to new applicants outside of the UK), Entrepreneur, Graduate Entrepreneur,and Exceptional Talent (now closed to new applicants outside of the UK).
- Tier 1 General– is for highly skilled workers, however, this category is no longer open to new applicants. Any existing applicants can continue to apply for Tier 1 visa extensions. The extension application requirements will remain largely the same as that for the original application.
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur – this sub-category is aimed at those who wish to establish a new business in the UK or take-over, join or invest in an existing business. With a minimum sum of £200,000, a business entrepreneur can qualify for an initial 3 year visa as long as he/she can demonstrate that he/she has the required funds in a legitimate financial institution, as well as possessing a reasonable command of the English language.
- Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur – this category is for those who want to develop a business upon graduating. This application cannot be made outside the UK. This type of visa allows (non-European) graduates identified by UK higher education institutions as having ‘developed world class innovative ideas or entrepreneurial skills’, to extend their stay in the UK after graduation for the purpose of establishing a business. From 6 April 2012, the Home Office Policy have allowed graduates from outside the European Area who have previously studied in the UK, and who have been identified by their college or universities as having ”world class innovative ideas” to switch from Tier 4 student into Tier 1.
- Tier 1 Investor – this category is for individuals who have substantial finance and wish to make an investment in the UK. This application is assessed on the applicants’ ability to invest £1 million or more into the UK, without the need to engage in business activities in the UK.
- Tier 1 Exceptional Talent – this category is for “exceptionally talented individuals in the fields of science, humanities, engineering and the arts”.
At Bloomsbury Law, we have a professional team who can assist you in any of the Tier 1 applications. We will assist you through the whole process from making your application to obtaining a visa and thereafter connecting you to experts who are able to advise you on what kind of business is good for the UK. We can assist you in commencing and preparing for your business along with guiding you with UK compliance regulations.
What do I do next?
Contact us online or speak to one of our dedicated specialists on 0207 998 7777 for a free initial consultation. With our vast experience in the field, our bilingual speaking team will work with you to ensure this process runs as smooth as possible. All information you provide us with is treated with the utmost confidentiality.
We will contact you no later than the next working day to arrange a meeting at our offices in London W1 to advise on the agreement.