• en
  • ru
  • zh-hans
  • it

Discretionary Leave To Remain

Obtaining Indefinite Leave to Remain, enables you to live in the UK on a permanent basis, without having to go through immigration control.

There are two main routes to settlement:

1. Five Years

Under UK immigration law, some family and points based system migrants and their dependants are eligible to apply to settle in the UK after five years residence. Individuals under international protection (Refugee protection or Humanitarian Protection) can also apply.

Family members who have applied before July 2012 may be able to settle before five years.

2. Long Residence

Foreign nationals who have spent more than 10 years continuous lawful residence in the UK can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain providing that the requirements of the Immigration Rules are met.

A settlement application requires strong documentary evidence.

What do I do next?

Contact us online or speak to one of our dedicated specialists on 0207 998 7777 for a free initial consultation. With our vast experience in the field, our bilingual speaking team will work with you to ensure this process runs as smooth as possible. All information you provide us with is treated with the utmost confidentiality.

We will contact you no later than the next working day to arrange a meeting at our offices in London W1 to advise on the agreement.

Back to Immigration

Other Legal Services