• en
  • ru
  • zh-hans
  • it

Domestic Worker Visa

Applicants that have worked under the same roof as their current employers for a minimum of one year prior to the application can apply for a domestic worker visa in the UK. This allows them to travel with their employer to the United Kingdom in order to continue working for their employer while abroad for a maximum of 6 months. Regardless of what country they are coming from, their employer must follow the UK law regarding minimum wage.

To clarify, domestic workers include the following categories: cleaners, chauffeurs, cooks, personal carers and nannies. The application needs to be made 3 months prior to the job starting and you allow no more than 6 months access (even with extension) in the United Kingdom. Applicants should note that there is an exceptional amount of documentation for this visa and the preparation for the application can take up to several weeks. It is wise to seek advice from a solicitor early within the application in order to prevent potential delays.

A Domestic Worker Visa Extension can be applied for if your current visa is less than 6 months. Therefore, you can apply for an extension, but the total time you can stay (from start to finish) in the United Kingdom is for a maximum 6 months. These applications can be made on the same day through the premium service, or up to 8 weeks through the postal application service.

If you or your employee is looking to attain a Domestic Worker Visa and would like advice on how to apply, please contact our immigration team at Bloomsbury Solicitors.

What do I do next?

Contact us online or speak to one of our dedicated specialists on 0207 998 7777 for a free initial consultation. With our vast experience in the field, our bilingual speaking team will work with you to ensure this process runs as smooth as possible. All information you provide us with is treated with the utmost confidentiality.

We will contact you no later than the next working day to arrange a meeting at our offices in London W1 to advise on the agreement.

Back to Immigration

Other Legal Services