• en
  • ru
  • zh-hans
  • it

Fiancé Visa UK

The UK Fiancé Visa is for those intending to marry a person settled in the UK within 6 months. This visa allows them to be with their partner in the UK for 6 months while wedding preparations are being made. Only upon a successful Marriage Visa being obtained is the applicant allowed to legally work within the UK. This visa is only granted for the future spouse to come into the UK in order to get married to the settled person.

The Fiancé Visa application has different requirements to many UK visas. Your future spouse must prove he or she earns a minimum of £18,600 in order to support both of you as you do not hold the right to work in the UK whilst holding a Fiancé Visa. This number can increase if the applicant is sponsoring children. There may be exceptions to this, if you can prove that you can support yourself without working for 6 months. Whilst you must have met before, you are not required to have lived together. It is only necessary to have the intention to live together once married. These are only a few of the requirements and it is important to be aware that these applications can be complex and timely. Therefore, it is very important that you seek legal advice to make sure you can meet all the requirements in good time before a wedding.

Planning a marriage can be very stressful, time consuming and costly. At Bloomsbury Law, we understand that these are exciting times and this is why our specialists want to make sure your application goes as smooth as possible so you can concentrate on planning your wedding.

What do I do next?

Contact us online or speak to one of our dedicated specialists on 0207 998 7777 for a free initial consultation. With our vast experience in the field, our bilingual speaking team will work with you to ensure this process runs as smooth as possible. All information you provide us with is treated with the utmost confidentiality.

We will contact you no later than the next working day to arrange a meeting at our offices in London W1 to advise on the agreement.

Back to Immigration

Other Legal Services