• en
  • ru
  • zh-hans
  • it

Marriage Visitor Visa

The Marriage Visitor Visa is for those intending to get married in the UK but who are not planning to stay after they are married. This is a Visitor Visa and only allows applicants to stay for a period of 6 months.

A Marriage Visitor Application should be in place 3 months before your date of travel. In order to be eligible for this visa you need to able to prove: (i) that you can support yourself while in the UK without access to public funds; (ii) that you are in a genuine relationship; (iii) that you are able to give notice of marriage within 6 months of your arrival; (iv) and that you will leave the UK once you are married.

There is a list of supporting documentation that you are required to provide such as your passport information, bank statements, proof of relationship, and your plans whilst in the UK. Our solicitors at Bloomsbury Law will also suggest additional documentation that you should also include in order to best represent your application. At Bloomsbury Law, we take extra measures to ensure successful applications as we appreciate that every application to the UK has a lasting effect on future applications.

We understand that these are exciting but stressful times for you and your partner and the both of you will already have a lot on your mind with marriage preparations underway. This is why we are happy to assist with your application and ensure you get the best possible outcome. At Bloomsbury Law, we are happy to advise you on your Marriage Visitor Visa and we have years of experience within the field.

What do I do next?

Contact us online or speak to one of our dedicated specialists on 0207 998 7777 for a free initial consultation. With our vast experience in the field, our bilingual speaking team will work with you to ensure this process runs as smooth as possible. All information you provide us with is treated with the utmost confidentiality.

We will contact you no later than the next working day to arrange a meeting at our offices in London W1 to advise on the agreement.

Back to Immigration

Other Legal Services