Road Traffic Offences Fees
Whilst we are always willing to accept instructions for this type of work on an hourly rate basis most clients prefer the certainty of a fixed fee for the work we do.
Traffic cases, where there is to be a guilty plea, can often be dealt with in one hearing. Our fee for attending court on one occasion will be £1,000 plus VAT for cases in London, Hertfordshire and Essex Courts. For courts outside these areas the further afield our fee will be £1200 plus VAT.
The fee includes:
- Attendance and preparation;
- Considering evidence and reporting to you on the strengths and weaknesses;
- Advising on plea, likely sentence and range of sentences available to the court;
- Advising on whether an exceptional hardship or special reasons argument should be made;
- Representation at a single hearing;
The fee does not include:
- Instruction of expert witnesses;
- Taking statements/proofs of evidence from witnesses;
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet or discuss over the phone (your choice) with your solicitor to provide instructions.
- We will consider the initial disclosure and any other evidence that is available and advise you on it.
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing and the range of options open to the court.
- Arrange to take any additional witness statements that may be necessary (this will have and additional cost of £150).
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary.
- Whilst the court set the timescale most cases in the magistrates court with a guilty plea are concluded within 3 months.
- We will attend court on the day and meet you before entering into court to represent you.
- After the hearing we will discuss the outcome and impact of any points or disqualification and advise you on appeal. Should you wish to appeal this will be at an additional cost that we will advise you on.