• en
  • ru
  • zh-hans
  • it

Tax Returns

Tax returns are what individuals must file annually to the HM Revenue & Customs to declare their taxes. There are several different forms depending on your working status. If you are employed and your employer takes your taxes out of your PAYE, then you will not need to make a self-assessment tax return unless you receive further income from a secondary source. If you fall into the following categories you will have to file your tax returns:

  • Self-Employed;
  • A Company director (exception includes company director for non-profit organizations);
  • A Minister of Religion;
  • If you are receiving rent or income from land and property in the UK;
  • If you are receiving untaxed income where tax due can’t be collected;
  • If you are receiving income which is taxable from abroad;
  • A Name, or member of Lloyd’s; and
  • An Employee with more complex tax affairs.

The above are just a few examples of when you need to pay income tax. There are many circumstances where individuals have complex tax affairs which need to be attended to on a case-by-case basis. Each tax return form has to be completed in respect of your particular circumstances. For example, whether you have foreign income, the nature of your UK employment, or even your marital status could affect how you file your tax return. It is important to seek legal advice to ensure you go through the process correctly.

If you are looking for advice on filing a tax return, please contact us at Bloomsbury Law. We have years of experience in the field and look forward to assisting you through the process once we are instructed.

What do I do next?

Contact us online or speak to one of our dedicated specialists on 0207 998 7777 for a free initial consultation. With our vast experience in the field, our bilingual speaking team will work with you to ensure this process runs as smooth as possible. All information you provide us with is treated with the utmost confidentiality.

We will contact you no later than the next working day to arrange a meeting at our offices in London W1 to advise on the agreement.

Back to Tax Law

Other Legal Services